Her hair was flat and messy. She was over dressed. Her kids were cute, but didn't really show up. So, I wondered if I could give her a new look. I have a different eye than I did when I originally made this doll in 2015.
I removed the quilted skirt/ruffle thing hanging at the back, the shawl and necklace. I wrapped her arms with another layer of green to cover the patterned fabric and simplify the form. Then, I moved one child up to her shoulder so that it is easy to see. Her new hair is dark brown instead of black and pulled to one side to balance the child. The yellow ribbon repeats the color of the child's clothing below. I realized that her hands were begging to hold a book, so I made one, using bright colors to reference other colors in the piece.
Here is the new look!